Sunday, February 5, 2012

lecture blog post

My entrepreneurial idea is to produce a machine that reads your brain waves and transmits those brain waves into physical activity, or images onto a tablet computer. If i were to will it, I can paint a whole landscape with my brain or take lecture notes with my brain onto a tablet.

There is a slight problem however, every piece of new technology that comes out will be very expensive. When the apple IPhone came out, the price was outrageous. Yet today the price of the IPhone dropped significantly but the business is still doing so well. The key to widespread use isn't in the price, but in the qualitative marketing and scale of economy.

Humans are competitive in nature and inherently want to constantly proclaim "AH HA! I'm better than you!". By using facebook, this product can attain widespread use. Why? Facebook has 2 advantages this product needs. 1) It has a WIDE audience. - What this translates into is a huge market pool. It's like having a bunch of fish in a pool. Now you just need the fishing rod.

Gamification is the answer. Badges, awards, ranking help us proclaim to the world 'I got this much, what do you got? Suck my dust.' 2) Facebook has gamification. Put 1) and 2) together and you have a product that will enjoy widespread acclaim and reviews, something that companies pour millions of dollars into, and people's competitive nature can be satiated. When the IPhone first came out, people were posting on facebook where they were, what they were thinking with their phones. On the bottom of their posts would say '-posted with my IPhone.' This is the "AH HA I'm better than you!" I'm talking about. I'm saying I have an IPhone, new technology, and you don't. My machine can also incorporate gamification in it. For example, for every minute I actively use my machine I would get an award or badge to post on facebook. Maybe I can unlock a new skin for my tablet while I'm at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment